Look for Credo at Liberal Arts Illuminated | July 9-11, 2018
Look for Credo's Joretta Nelson, Ph.D., and Matt Trainum, Ed.D., at this year's event
Dr. Nelson will be presenting Workshop #2 at this event, "Reframing the Narrative: Leadership Toward Positive Outcomes for All Students." Get the full workshop schedule, and make sure to register soon for this exciting conference.
FEATURED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Rich Karlgaard, Forbes Publisher and Global Futurist, Economic Leader, Entrepreneur and Author
- Lynn Pasquerella, President, Association of American Colleges and Universities
- Brandon Busteed, Executive Director, Education and Workforce Development, Gallup
- L. Lee Knefelkamp, Senior Fellow, Office of Integrative Liberal Learning and the Global Commons, Association of American Colleges and Universities
- Adam Weinberg, President, Denison University
From the conference site:
"The current narrative about the liberal arts is a strong indictment: The liberal arts are a luxury for the wealthy. Liberal arts education teaches an outdated canon with no connection to “real life.” The liberal arts provide good outcomes for students who were predisposed to succeed. Liberal arts colleges attract only students and families who already understand our value.
Liberal Arts Illuminated aims to reframe this narrative to highlight the value of the liberal arts in practicing inclusive excellence. The liberal arts provide exceptional guidance for addressing current complex issues in higher education and provide insight to implement practices, policies, and programs fostering success for our institutions and all of our students.
We encourage participants to attend the conference in teams in order to have the most engaging experience and take the most practical learnings back to their campuses."