Credo’s architectural division, Credo Design Architects, is seeking an energetic Project Architect who enjoys working on college and university campuses across the country developing unique student experiences. Our team of dedicated professionals provides a small firm environment in which to learn and grow, while also offering diverse opportunities to work collaboratively on projects that include student housing, academics (arts and sciences), recreation, student centers, and athletics in both new construction and renovation. Credo Design Architects is registered and has completed projects in over 35 states across the country, providing our team with incredible experiences to explore and learn. If working in a close-knit, collaborative team environment and participating in projects from conceptual design through construction is exciting to you, our team of architects, interior designers, and campus planners would be thrilled to meet you!
Full-time experienced architect with a minimum of eight years of experience producing architectural documents from Schematic Design through Construction Documents. The ideal candidate is competent in all conventional aspects of architecture and can perform work requiring independent judgment in evaluation, selection, and adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. The Project Architect will work alongside Project Design Architects and Project Managers to develop and enhance the design by leading the production of documents through the use of REVIT, SketchUp, and other design software. This position will require strong independent, self-starting skills as well as willingness to work collaboratively in a team environment to develop and complete projects. This position provides an opportunity to grow and develop a career in architecture.
The candidate will have the option to work out of our offices in Whitsett, North Carolina or De Pere, Wisconsin. A remote working arrangement or hybrid working environment with occasional in-office time will be considered. Travel between the two offices and to client campuses is required.
Desired Skills & Experience:
This role requires superior social skills, communication, and process organization skills in working collaboratively with the office leaders and staff, clients, field personnel, and external consultants.
Qualifications of the position are as follows:
- Professional Degree in Architecture from an NAAB accredited program
- Licensed in the United States, or in process of completing licensure
- Minimum of 8 years of United States based experience
- Proficient in producing high quality architectural drawings utilizing REVIT
- Ability to develop technical details and specifications
- Thorough understanding in developing projects from Schematic Design through Construction Documents
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, and recommend design solutions to Project Design Architect
- Ability to clearly communicate with and coordinate with exterior consultants
- Provide Construction Administration support including submittal reviews, addressing questions from the field, and completing site observations
- Demonstrate a passion for the higher education market
- Willingness to contribute actively with a collaborative team
- Occasional travel within the USA will be required; must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license
Qualified and interested applications should email email@example.com a letter of interest and current resume.