Katie Sparrow, AIA, NCARB
Katie Sparrow (she/her/hers) has spent much of her design career working with educational environments, including K-12 schools, libraries, learning commons, and colleges and universities. She’s passionate about helping institutions leverage space and place to meet their strategic goals, particularly those related to student success, lifelong learning, and a sense of belonging.
A Data-Driven Design Philosophy
Katie’s extensive expertise in analytics has proven indispensable to her role as a Credo Campus Planner. She can deftly analyze a wide variety of quantitative and qualitative data points to find major themes, then connect them to institutional priorities. Those priorities help campuses build exciting, achievable plans to attain their space and place goals.
But Katie’s contributions to Credo and our clients go well beyond campus planning. Eager to learn and to share her expertise with others, Katie collaborates on a variety of project types for a range of clients, especially with the Leadership Strategies team. Colleagues love working with Katie not only for her skills, but also her sunny personality—she’s always finding a way to make someone laugh!
I enjoy helping campuses leverage space and place to achieve their strategic goals, crafting environments that support the next generation of students.
The Family That Cheers Together, Stays Together
Outside of work, Katie loves attending sporting events both big and small. You can often find her alongside her husband, Jeremy, cheering on their two sons in little league and flag football games—or with the whole family in the stands for minor league baseball and NFL games.
More About Katie
Client & Project Portfolio
- Strategic Facilities Plan | Advent Health University
- Campus Master Plan | Alfred University
- Strategic Planning & Implementation | Arcadia University
- Campus Master Plan | Bethany College
- Campus Master Plan | Buena Vista University
- Campus Master Plan | Charis Bible College
- Strategic Planning & Implementation | Endicott College
- Campus Master Plan | Goshen College
- Moving The Needle | Linfield University
Education & Certifications
- B.S., Architecture, Ball State University
- Master of Architecture, University of North Carolina Charlotte
- American Institute of Architects Member
- Recipient, Excellence in Urban Design Award, University of North Carolina Charlotte
- Owner, Sparrow Modeling + Design
- Designer/Space Planner, Carolina Furnishing + Design
- Graduate Architect, Anderson Architecture, PLLC
Strengths & More
REACH Style | Advisor
Campus Planning & Architecture Team
Katie is a part of the Campus Planning & Architecture Team. She is proud to work with this group of wonderful colleagues.