Dawn Rolling, AIA, NCARB,LEED® AP
Director of Design / Architect
The design leader of Credo’s architecture studio since 2000, Dawn Rolling has mastered the art of storytelling through place and space on college and university campuses. She has a keen understanding of how the built environment can influence learning modalities and how structures can affect student success. From the smallest improvements to campus-wide initiatives, Dawn knows how to make the right observations and ask the right questions to develop the best and right solution for our clients.
Storytelling Through Space and Place
Dawn leads the design aspect of Credo’s campus planning and architectural services, helping our team address clients’ functional and aesthetic needs in the buildings and spaces we design. In her direct work with clients, Dawn leads partners through a design philosophy and process that helps them create the story of their campus’ space and place needs. She engages in every step of the process, from conceptual design through construction, to ensure that structures and spaces are built to the desired specifications. For Dawn, nothing feels better than hearing that our work provides hope and inspiration for our campus partners. “When a single student says they have finally found their safe space, and it’s on a campus with the spaces we have developed, that’s the energy that continues to push me,” she says.
Each campus has a unique story of who they are, whom they serve, and what their vision is for the future. Listening to what they have to say and diving deep into the meaning is critical in the development of functional spaces that will ultimately impact students and transform the campus environment.
Always Up for An Adventure
Outside of work, Dawn focuses on faith, family, and fun. She counts hiking, waterfall hunting, and spending time in the mountains among her favorite activities.
More About Dawn
Client & Project Portfolio
- Renovation for the First-Year Advising Center | Brevard College
- Student Center | Brevard College
- Campus Master Plan | Charis Bible College
- School of Nursing Renovation and Addition | Goshen College
- Graduate Housing | Impact 360 Institute
- Master Plan | Impact 360 Institute
- Academic Facilities Renovation | Impact 360 Institute
- Campus Master Plan | Lawrence University
- Office Renovations | Lifeshape Foundation
- Moving the Needle, Space & Place | Linfield University
- Campus Center | Mars Hill University
- Campus Center | McMurry University
- Welcome Center Upgrades | McMurry University
- Residence Life Experience Plan | Nebraska Wesleyan University
- Campus Master Plan | North Park University
- Baseball and Softball Complex | University of the Ozarks
- New Residence Hall | University of the Ozarks
- Shooting Range Master Plan | University of the Ozarks
- Residence Life Experience Plan | Wittenberg University
- Site Master Plan | Woolsey Baptist Church Facility and Site
Education & Certifications
- B.A., Fine Arts, University of Minnesota-Minneapolis
- B.S., Architectural Studies, Architecture, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Master of Architecture, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards Certified
- LEED® AP Certified
- Design Consultant/Architect, Credo
Campus Planning Team
Dawn is a part of the Campus Planning Team. She is proud to work with this group of wonderful colleagues.