December 17 2015
Introduced by Joretta Nelson, Ph.D.
As we continue to explore how academic advising influences the student experience, our team continually hears your feedback about challenges in assessment.
Our congratulations and thanks to Drs. Ye He and Bryant Hutson and their most recent article in the Review of Higher Education: Appreciative Assessment in Academic Advising. These two advising experts clarify how powerful the process of appreciative and strengths-based approach to advising can also be applied to the assessment of the organizational structure and the student outcomes.
Credo is proud to call Dr. Bryant Hutson our Director of Research, and Dr. Jane (Ye) He, one of our treasured expert affiliates. We are already discussing the topic for next year’s Credo Advising Institute (December 7 - 8, 2016) and are thinking carefully about assessment. Do you think that’s a helpful topic? What other topics would you recommend?
Read Drs. He and Hutson's article Appreciative Assessment in Academic Advising.
Related Blog Posts
4 Student Success Tips to Inclusively Increase Fall-to-Spring Persistence
October 23 2023
By Destiny Harper-Lane, DBA How is your institution generating intensity around understanding strategies that can drive fall-to-spring persistence and ultimately, retention?
Credo Advising Institute: Advisor Inventory
December 8 2015
I’ve been thinking about many of the questions asked by our 70+ guests at the 2015 Credo Advising Institute last week, particularly about providing support for the actual conversations between...
- 4 Student Success Tips to Inclusively Increase Fall-to-Spring Persistence October 23 2023
- Credo Welcomes the 2023 Moving The Needle Class October 12 2023
- Moving The Needle On Tuition Revenue August 31 2023
- Catalyzing A Culture of Belonging: Student Success & Retention Case Studies August 7 2023
- Celebrate Credo's 2023 Core Values Awards Recipients With Us June 19 2023
- Student Success
- Student Success & Retention
- Strategic Planning
- Leadership Development
- Strategic Enrollment
- Campus Planning and Architecture
- Moving the Needle
- Campus Master Planning
- Academic Programming
- Campus Planning
- Enrollment & Financial Aid
- Admitted Student Research
- Board Development