September 1 2020
Our team recently wrapped up a Leading Through Disruption interview and survey series with college presidents across the country. Collectively, these leaders serve nearly 70,000 students in 19 states at a range of independent institutions in city, rural, and suburban locations. This content series focuses on what we heard from them.Credo’s Director of Campus Planning, Steve Morley, explores the continuation of his original blog post, Building Community Through Environments that Re-engage Campus Life, highlighting the critical intersection of mission, student success, and space re-evaluation as you are considering "what's next" for your physical and digital campus environments.
Access the video transcript here.
5 Reflection Topics for Re-Engaging Campus Life
Is your campus community–students, staff, and faculty–empowered to make adjustments that fall within the overall guidance in the implementation plan?
- SENSE OF WELL-BEING
Do the adjustments promote healthy forms of self-authorship and an overall sense of well-being?
- INDIVIDUAL IDENTITY
Can individuals see themselves reflected in the overall environment?
- STAFF AND FACULTY INVOLVEMENT
How can staff and faculty work and their influence on the overall mission of the institution be affirmed in their physical environment and the ways in which they interact within it?
- TRADITIONS AND COMMON CONNECTIONS
Has your team developed distinctive campus experiences, or do you have sacred traditions that involve space that can be carried through on a rotating basis and still provide those common connections with one another, with the institution, and with the great alumni network?
What would you add? What themes have risen to the top for your campus? Are there specific, additional resources you are looking for? Please send your topics, ideas, and questions to info(at) credohighered.com or tweet us @Credohighered.
Speaking of resources, check out this complimentary download below.
Talk to us any time about leading through disruption, campus environments, and re-engaging campus life for student success. Schedule a conversation with a campus planner or just contact us to start the conversation.
Share This Post
- AAC&U and Credo Partner to Support Women Leaders in Higher Education September 1 2020
- 5 Tips To Ensure Your Strategic Plan Stays On Track September 1 2020
- Measuring Your Strategic Plan With Key Performance Indicators September 1 2020
- Dr. Burton Webb To Receive 10th Annual Courageous Leadership Award September 1 2020
- Improving Board Engagement with Strategic Planning September 1 2020
- Student Success
- Student Success & Retention
- Strategic Planning
- Leadership Development
- Strategic Enrollment
- Campus Planning and Architecture
- Campus Master Planning
- Enrollment & Financial Aid
- Academic Programming
- Moving the Needle
- Admitted Student Research
- Campus Planning
- Disruption Response
- Admission Assessment - The Credo ACE