September 3 2019
How does the residential experience influence student success? That is the key question our latest research brief seeks to answer. The answer is multifaceted and compelling.
"Residential environments are the most powerful vehicle for influencing student success on college campuses. The purpose of this document is to build the case for more intentionality around the residential experience through a synthesis of the research. In summary, residential environments matter because of the opportunities they provide to impact with whom students interact (professors, professionals, and peers) and how those interactions occur (social, academic, and deeper life interactions). Residential environments are not automatically positive interventions for college students. Done poorly, these environments can simply become places for students to sleep and eat (Shushok, 2011). Done well, these environments can provide a transformational educational experience that impacts students long after they graduate (Gallup-Purdue, 2014)."
Read on by downloading your complimentary copy of "Conditions That Promote the Thriving Student: How does the residential experience influence student success?"
Related Blog Posts
5 Tips To Ensure Your Strategic Plan Stays On Track
December 1 2022
The hardest thing about strategic planning isn’t creating the plan, it’s implementing it. But we’ve got good news: there are steps you can take during the planning process to ensure that your...
Measuring Your Strategic Plan With Key Performance Indicators
November 3 2022
Measurement is an essential element of strategic planning because it offers a declaration of intent: This is where we’re going as an organization, and here’s how we’ll know when we get there.
Share This Post
- Major Campus Construction: Project Management Podcast Now Available September 3 2019
- Major Campus Construction: Planning Podcast Now Available to Stream September 3 2019
- AAC&U and Credo Partner to Support Women Leaders in Higher Education September 3 2019
- 5 Tips To Ensure Your Strategic Plan Stays On Track September 3 2019
- Measuring Your Strategic Plan With Key Performance Indicators September 3 2019
- Student Success
- Student Success & Retention
- Strategic Planning
- Leadership Development
- Strategic Enrollment
- Campus Planning and Architecture
- Campus Master Planning
- Campus Planning
- Enrollment & Financial Aid
- Academic Programming
- Moving the Needle
- Admitted Student Research
- Disruption Response