June 6 2023
"My Experience Wasn't What I Expected"
Findings from the 2022 Moving The Needle Pathways To Student Success Survey highlight that meeting student expectations is a critical factor in determining whether a student plans to return next fall.
After cost, the top cited reason that students chose not to return to their college for their sophomore year was: "My experience wasn't what I expected."
Unpacking Students' Pathways To Success
Credo empowers Moving The Needle campuses to use data to drive student success and retention outcomes. Pathways is one of the surveys we use to evaluate the student experience. By collecting data on current students’ perceptions of their institution’s systems and processes, Credo's team of analysts and consultants work with your campus to create meaningful recommendations based out of the data.
Pathways results provide clear implications for commonly needed areas for improvement including:
- campus environment
- diversity, equity, and inclusion
- connections with other students, faculty, and staff
- academic support and advising
- the clearance process
- the first-year experience
Find out what else students are saying about their experiences by accessing the full 2022 MTN Pathways to Student Success Report.
Related Blog Posts
4 Student Success Tips to Inclusively Increase Fall-to-Spring Persistence
October 23 2023
By Destiny Harper-Lane, DBA How is your institution generating intensity around understanding strategies that can drive fall-to-spring persistence and ultimately, retention?
Credo Welcomes the 2023 Moving The Needle Class
October 12 2023
Credo is pleased to announce the 2023 Moving the Needle class! Congratulations to these institutions for their commitment to building an inclusive, student-centric culture through our 5-year Moving...
- 4 Student Success Tips to Inclusively Increase Fall-to-Spring Persistence October 23 2023
- Credo Welcomes the 2023 Moving The Needle Class October 12 2023
- Moving The Needle On Tuition Revenue August 31 2023
- Catalyzing A Culture of Belonging: Student Success & Retention Case Studies August 7 2023
- Celebrate Credo's 2023 Core Values Awards Recipients With Us June 19 2023
- Student Success
- Student Success & Retention
- Strategic Planning
- Leadership Development
- Strategic Enrollment
- Campus Planning and Architecture
- Moving the Needle
- Campus Master Planning
- Academic Programming
- Campus Planning
- Enrollment & Financial Aid
- Admitted Student Research
- Board Development